The Latest Dental Technology
- CEREC – Same Day Crowns: Gone are the days of temporary crowns and multiple office visits to get your permanent crown. Mundo Dentistry uses CEREC® (Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics) technology to restore damaged teeth in a single appointment. CEREC fabricates a customized, durable and natural-looking dental crown using top quality ceramic material.
- In-House Guided Implant Technology: Our office proudly utilizes the most advanced surgical planning software for dental implants. This precision technology allows dental implants to be placed efficiently and accurately, which means a less invasive procedure and better outcome for the patient.
- Cone Beam 3-D Imaging: This cutting-edge imaging system significantly benefits both dentist and patient. Cone beam 3-D provides fast and accurate imaging of all angles of a patient’s face, teeth and jaw. This grants Dr. Matthew Howell improved predictability and confidence in preparing for procedures such as extractions and placing implants. The process lasts about 10 seconds and is completely painless for the patient.
- Low-Radiation X-Ray Units (NOMAD): The NOMAD® portable imaging system has revolutionized the way dental x-rays are taken. Patients are allowed to remain in the dental chair as the low-radiation x-ray unit comes to them. This makes it ideal for patients with special needs and for children.
- Digital X-Rays: Digital radiography (digital x-ray) is the latest technology used to take dental x-rays. Electronic sensors are used to capture digital images instead of an x-ray film, which makes them instantly viewable to your dentist for a quick diagnosis. With digital x-rays, patients benefit from a reduction of radiation exposure by 80-90% compared to the already low exposure of traditional imaging methods.
- Intra-Oral Cameras: Our treatment rooms are equipped with advanced intra-oral cameras that allow Dr. Matthew Howell to view your teeth and gums in precise detail and show them to you on a chair side computer monitor. Patients can understand their diagnosis and treatment plan in better detail using this accurate, high-tech camera technology.
- Digital Records: Not only are electronic (or digital) dental records economical, but they provide high convenience for patients. Digital records are easily accessed for patient and dentist review, and they can be readily transferred to a specialist or physician when needed.
- Patient Education Videos (CAESY): By providing the most updated patient education software available, we are able to keep our patients well-informed and less anxious about their dental care. Caesey is a patient education program that features live-action videos, 3-D animations and countless clinical presentations to effectively explain dental treatments to patients of all ages.
- Isodry: The Isodry system is a remarkable alternative to past forms of dental isolation, including rubber dams or cotton rolls. This tool keeps the patient’s mouth comfortably open while also controlling suction and oral humidity and improving visibility for Dr. Matthew Howell. Isodry protects the patient from contamination and foreign body aspiration and shields the tongue and cheek from injury from dental instruments.